Applying for a Chinese student visa is one of the biggest processes in terms of studying abroad.
Not only does the China study visa requirements change throughout the years, but the process does take a bit of time.
With the amount of time the process takes and the need to be very detail oriented during the Chinese student visa application, we’ve written a blog post with all the answers. Continue reading to learn more about China’s student visa, the requirements and the application process.
REGISTER FOR SCHOOL
First and foremost, you will need to pick what school you will be studying at in China. While there are many different options, Keats School in Kunming, China, provides intensive one-on-one Chinese classes, with tuition covering accommodation and meals. Our school is accredited, we have the best teachers, and our classes can start anytime. We’re flexible to work with you.
1. Choose the Chinese course that you plan to take at Keats. We have eight different options that you can look at here.
2. Apply to your preferred program. Applications for Keats School can be filled out directly online through our website here.
3. Pay your tuition. At Keats, we require a deposit of USD 200 when applying for study abroad classes. Regarding the Chinese student visa requirements, when you’re studying abroad in China and applying for a student Visa, the school’s tuition needs to be paid in full before your application is processed.
APPLY FOR A CHINESE STUDENT VISA
After applying for school, it’s now time to fill out your Chinese student visa application form. Here’s how to do that.
After you apply to Keats School, we will send a visa application supporting materials directly through express mail. Once you receive these materials, head to the nearest Chinese embassy to apply for an X1 student visa.
An X1 student visa is valid for 30 days after you arrive in China. Once you arrive, we will help you get a resident permit to complete your study in China.
A resident permit allows you to study in China for between 6 months to two years and gives you access to multiple entries into the country.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHINESE STUDENT VISA
There are many requirements for a study abroad visa in China. These things are needed to have your visa processed and approved:
- Visa application form and photo
- Proof of legal stay in China
- Documents showing the itinerary, including air ticket booking record (round trip) and an invitation letter issued by a relevant entity in China
- Admission Notice issued by School
- Original and photocopy of Visa application for study in China form.
We’ve created a detailed guide to student visas, which can be easily downloaded for free here. The guide breaks down these six things, explaining how to make sure each of these requirements is met correctly.
TIME IS SENSITIVE
It’s essential to realize that the Chinese student visa process takes time. You’re going to want to apply to Keats and for a student visa several months before you plan on heading to China. You’ll also have to make sure your current passport has several months’ worth of validity before applying for a visa.
CONSULT US BEFORE APPLYING
We are more than happy to answer all of your questions regarding Chinese student visa requirements. Please contact us before applying to Keats School if you have any questions regarding your study visa.
To dive a little deeper into the visa application process, download our free exclusive visa factsheet. This guide breaks down the detailed steps of getting a visa, passport photo requirements for China, and frequently asked questions… answered.